Our Coffee Tasting Experience allows small groups to experience what quality coffee is and why it stands out. Coffee that exhibits flavours and aromas that tantalize the senses.
Hosted at Buitenverwachting wine farm in Constantia Cape Town, where our main coffee roastery is. We taste at least three coffee of distinct origins, and regions. Inquire about one of our coffee tasting experiences below.
Coffee tasting experience options
See the options below for the current experiences.
- General Tasting: Each coffee is brewed first in a delicate pour over method, then followed that with an intense espresso. We then explore the espresso as a method.
Time: Approximately 30-45mins
Price: R200 per person, min group size 2, max group size 6.
- Cupping: Here we invite you to experience coffee cupping, the way coffee is evaluated by coffee graders and roasters. Includes a fourth coffee as a surprise. Weguide you through the cupping process. Try identify which coffee is what from the taste descriptors.
Time: Approximately 30-40mins
Price: R250 per person (p/p), min group size 2, max group size 10.
- Total experience: This is an almost two hour experience, we start with the tasting experience, and then after pop over to the roastery to watch a roast and even guide you through your own.
Time: Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours
Price: R600 p/p, min group size 2, max 4. Pricing includes a box of coffee beans.
Request a coffee tasting experience
Some notes before requesting an experience:
- Our tasting area is part of the CoffeeBloc coffee, so we are restricted by how busy they are.
- It is best to book around 10 am. This is normally more likely to be at a time that the CoffeeBloc can accommodate us.
- The tasting is an educational process, as well as tasting.
Stay a while
After the coffee tasting, you are more than welcome to have a light meal at the coffee shop on the farm called CoffeeBloc or stay for a wine tasting.