Delivery & Collection Terms
The following conditions apply to our deliveries and collections. This applies to all goods delivered and collected, including but not exclusive to, coffee, repair and service items, coffee machines and coffee equipment.
- “Customer” shall mean any person on whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes or provides any business or service.
- “Quaffee” shall mean the company Quaffee (Pty) Ltd Registration: 2006/025871/07.
- While Quaffee endeavours to ensure all goods are delivered to the Customer in a state they were provided to us, we are not responsible for any damage to such goods.
- Any expense that the Company has to cover, due to the failure by the Customer to reimburse the Company for expenses the Company has had to endure in any way on behalf of the Customer, is for the Customer’s account.
- As noted below, we do not insure any goods in transit, so responsibility for insurance of any goods is not included, and hence Quaffee is not accountable for any loss whatsoever.
- The Customer is liable for all losses, damages and expenses arising as a result of its failure to comply with its obligations or as a result of its negligence.
- At no point will the Company be responsible for any goods that are used to manipulate milk in any way.
- Transfer of ownership of all goods occurs only once payment has been received and acknowledged by the Company.
- While we list the times above as a guideline we cannot guarantee that these timelines will always adhere too.
- When we use outside providers to fulfil a service (for examples: couriers, workshops or financial institutions) Quaffee may not be held responsible for any losses, damages or expenses incurred on the customer’s equipment by the said provider.
- Any dispute shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- We are not responsible for any third parties warrantees.
- We charge the standard current rate of Value Added Tax (VAT) as per the South African Revenue Services on all goods and services.
Notes on Repairs
Please note that Quaffee DOES NOT run a coffee machine repair workshop. As a service to our current coffee purchasing clients, we will take the coffee machine to the workshop, give a swap out machine to the client, if available, and charge what we are charged by the workshop plus a small admin fee.
For clients that are not currently using our coffee, or have not used our coffee consistently over the last 3 months, we may at our discretion offer a swap out machine, at a fee, and provide a collection and delivery fee.
Any warrantee on the repairs is carried by the workshop, not by Quaffee.
We do not insure any items that are sent via courier. If you require this please contact us, and we will request a formal quote from our courier company, and forward that to you.
We do not insure the coffee at all.
Exchange / Returns
Coffee: As far as coffee is concerned, we guarantee to replace your coffee free of charge if you are unhappy with anything, or it is not to your liking. If after replacement or change to an alternative you are still unhappy we will refund your money, as long as you can prove you have not drunk it all.
Equipment: Any equipment that you install yourself (we like to install and setup the Jura machines), that you find to be faulty, you should Contact Us. If we have not been able to assist, we will replace these goods (if still under the manufacturer’s warranty). The goods need to be returned to us in their original packaging and condition as they were when you received them.
How To Return an Item
Items must be returned in their original packaging, in the original condition and with all booklets, guarantees and product tags if they are attached, within 7 days of delivery. When returning any item please include a covering note, so we can process your return more efficiently. The note should state why it is being returned and whether you want an exchange or a refund. In this note, you should also include your order or invoice number, or a copy of the original invoice, so that we can track your order on the system. If an item is returned without a covering note then, if we are able to trace your order on the system, we shall contact you by phone or email to ascertain the reason for return.
Please also notice the section below on fees, with regards to returns.
Other noteworthy policies
Freshness rules: We will not sell any coffee older than 8 days from roast.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30. Sat 10:30 to 13:30
Go Green: Wheresoever possible we explore a greener method to do whatever we do. If we have a choice between a greener alternative, we will select that alternative. The only exception is if the cost to do so is prohibitive, and goes against any other policy we have, like for example freshness.
Local is Lekker: Wherever we can we will use local companies for work and materials required.
Stock levels: We normally have most stuff on the website in Stock, in Cape Town, and most of it in Johannesburg.
Credit Card fees
Under the new consumer protection act, April 2011, there is mention to the fact that consumers should not be expected to pay for banking and credit card charges. Quaffee has always listed the price differences online so that you the consumer can make the choice of paying via credit card or not.
We will continue to list these as different charges since we believe those consumers that are prepared to pay in real value, rather than on credit should be recognized and hence pay our standard pricing. The only way we would ever remove these credit card charges is if we increase our prices across the board to facilitate the excessive fees we are handing over to a payment provider or bank. We have not and will never restrict payment to be made only via credit card, and therefore the consumer is given a choice.
If you as a consumer are not content with these conditions or paying extra, then we are happy to engage directly with you and discuss this further.
If an order is placed and then cancelled, we will refund the moneys paid minus any banking or payment provider fees. If you are unsure about a purchase we offer you a facility where you can request from us a demo of a product, before placing an order. With this in mind, we believe that it is reasonable to list this condition. We will always show you the consumer the actual fee paid to the payment provider.