We will always have a thing for the Hario Kettle, however when we heard about the Fellow Stagg kettle we were intrigued. Since playing with it we have found some things we prefer to the Hario.
Things we like:
- It comes with a temperature gauge
- The pouring is more accurate and controlled
- The handle allows finite control
- The top of the kettle is easier to open and close (especially compared to the Hario with a temp gauge).
- The kettle keep the water warmer.
One thing we don’t:
- While the Hario is at home on a stove, the Stagg is a little to fancy to hang around on a stove (they say you can though). If you saw one you would ask: “What’s a nice kettle like you doing in a place like this?”
- Brew-range Thermometer – A red range highlights optimal brew temperature between 90° and 96° C.
- Precision Pour Spout – Slow and steady pour is the aim. Stagg’s spout is designed for the around controlled pour-over flow rate.
- Counterbalanced Handle – Stagg’s weighted handle shifts the center of mass closer to your hand for an easier pour.
- 304 18/8 Stainless SteelHigh grade stainless steel for the best build quality. The Kettle comes in matte black and polished steel, and polished copper. We currently only offer the matte black, others available on request.
Stagg pour-over kettle spec:
- Color Box dimensions: 28cm x 16cm x 18cm
- Product Weight: Less than 1kg
- Volume Capacity: 1.0 litre