The Porlex Mini coffee grinder is probably the most transportable quality burr grinder we recommend. In fact that is primarily what we use it for.
This manual grinder uses a porcelain conical burrs, has many grind settings and is stainless steel. It has an easy-to-use grinds container which can be used to measure the beans before grinding. With extra fine to course grind settings, you can use it with any brew you love.
- It is very small, fits in to the top of an AeroPress.
- The grind is of a high quality, can even do espresso grind.
- You can hold it in own hand and turn it with another, so grinding is easy.
- Rubber holder for handle, for storage.
- Small base means it fits any scale.
- Burrs easy to remove and clean.
- Since it is stainless steel, easy to clean and is long-lasting.
- Grind consistency is superb.
- Old model the handle slipped of the top easily, much better now.
- Relatively high price point. It grinds roughly the same amount of coffee as the Hario mini, but costs more than twice the price. Although grind consistency is better.
- The grind adjustment is hard to calibrate, you have to count clicks left and right.
- Ceramic conical grinding burr.
- Body made of static-free stainless steel.
- Weight of less than 250g.
- Body measures 4.5cm (radius) x 13.3cm (height).
- Grinds up to 25g of coffee at once.
- Detachable handle.
Worth noting is that there are a number of copies on the market, including the Rhino. These copies cut corners with the handle and the burr quality. Currently, we had stayed away from offering these.