The Bewista 1.2l Variable Temp Kettle or Smart Pour™ 1.2L Variable Temperature Gooseneck Kettle, adds pour over convenience to a variable temperature controlled electric kettle.
While there are a number of variable temperature kettles on the market, this one is available and supported in South Africa.
So now you can have a pour over gooseneck kettle that prepares the water at the right temp at a press of a button.
What we like
- You can set the temp to the nearest degree (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- The kettle is removable from the base.
- The handle is easy to hold, and control the pour.
- The gooseneck is as accurate as the popular Hario Buono Kettle.
- It has a “keep warm” feature to hold the water at the required temp. You can use this between pours to, but you need to press the button.
- You can program it to be ready at a particular time in the day.
- It has an auto off feature in case you forget.
- The Max line is visible inside the kettle.
- It always displays the temp of water in the kettle.
- Beeps when temperature required is achieved.
- Removing the kettle essentially turns all programming off.
What we’re not so fond of
- Would be great to have real buttons, it is probably to keep it water proof that they use the press buttons, but they feel plasticy.
- The first pour when the kettle is at 1.2litres you need to do very slowly otherwise it is not so accurate.
- Would be great to be able to have portion of the kettle see-thru so you could see how much water there is. You have to open the lid to check at the moment.
- The auto keep warm feature is disengaged when you removed the kettle, this would be nice to stay on for ensuring the temp stays the same for your pour over.
- If you are doing multiple pours you need to press the “keep warm” button each time, removing the kettle turns the button off.
- A little slower than a standard kettle.
- Don’t touch the body it is hot!
- 1.2 liter capacity
- Interior Kettle temperature displayed on LCD on base
- Temperature displayed in either Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Auto-off function
- Auto-start to heat water to the programmed temperature at the specified time
- Lift off base; no cord to interfere with pouring
- Detachable power cord.
Parts and materials
- Lid and base are both BPA-free polypropylene.
- Handle is phenolic resin.
- Kettle body is 25 gauge food grade 304 stainless steel.
Brewista 1.2l Variable Temp Kettle Video
The unboxing and first boil of the kettle:
Read the manual here…