The Acaia Pearl Coffee Scale, combines design and function in a single product. The is our daily scale.
Acaia Pearl Coffee Scale
If you are serious about consistency in your coffee brewing, then a coffee scale is a must. The Acaia Pearl™ combines a fast and functional scale with design. So now a coffee lover can have great coffee and look good doing it (even without a beard).
Add to that the apps available with the Pearl scales, and you can really control you brews, and understand brew ratios, pouring rates and do so almost instantly. Create a database of your brews so you can compare the different results.
What we like
The Acaia has a number of positives:
- Response rate very fast, indeed we think it may be the fastest scale out there.
- Super sensitive.
- Timer is clear.
- Brewing apps are excellent. Now track and log your brews, and easily have a second place to view the values.
- Uses a standard micro USB for charging. So you never need to have batteries in stock.
- Comes with a heat-resistant pad. Which doubles as a portafilter holder.
- Designed with all the electronics at the top above the USB port, to prevent water damage. We have used ours for years and it still works, even with spillage. Note: it is not water proof.
- BIOS updates to keep up with features.
What we don’t
There are few negatives:
- The sensitivity means using it outside in mild wind is not possible (sensitivity can be adjusted but if it is windy it still affects the scale)
- Need to use the app in the sun to view the values especially for the white one.
- It is a little on the expensive side.
- Takes a while to know where to press for each function. Sometimes can be frustrating.
|Dimensions||160mm(W) x 160mm(L) x 32mm(H)/
6.13in(W) x 6.13in(L) x 1.26in(H)
Max: 2000g Min: 0.1g
|Permissible Error Range||+/-0.2g|
|Battery||Lithium ion, USB Rechargeable|
|Inside the Package||Acaia Pearl coffee scale (White/Black) x 1
Acaia Aerial heat-resistant pad (Black/Grey) x 1
Micro-USB cable x 1
Get you apps on
A full list of apps for the scale is avaialbe on the acaia website: Acaia Apps.
Using with app: