We are proudly South African. In every aspect of our business we endeavour to always use product that is locally produced, and manufacturer. We ourselves are such a business, even though we import coffee from many parts of the world below is the many ways we have kept it local, regardless of cost implications:
- We roast our green bean locally, using as much local labour and raw material as possible
- For all our printing needs the papers are locally recycled or manufactured
- Our corporate wear is made in South Africa, using South African textiles and local labour
- Our website is hosted in South Africa, by a South African company.
- When given the choice we use local SME service providers, of internationals to promote small business growth in South Africa
We do no subscribe to the proudly South African initiative, since this is in a form of a tax, and we feel supporting local business is more important than a stamp you can use to advertise with.
Exempt Micro Enterprise
Quaffee is a micro enterprise. As part of our local is lekker philosophy we hire local wherever possible, and promote from within. We have great coffee lovers in our small team, who receive profit share percentages.
Since our turn-over is way less than 10 million we qualify as an exempt micro enterprise. This means that our BEE Level is 4.
You can download the latest EME certificate here: Quaffee EME Certificate.