Jura are constantly change their offering. The Jura S8 is their first machine they offered in South Africa with a touch screen, rather than the models with the buttons.
When the original Juras came out over a half a decade with screens, we asked Jura: “Why not touch screens?”. They answered that since the beverages being brewed were hot, and produced steam this would rendered the screen unreliable. Well now they seem to have solved that problem.
What else does the S8 have that the E8 sibling does not? Nothing really significant. It looks a little better to some, it has a touch screen and there are a few more programmable preparation methods. However the basics of the machine is the same. We did a feature to feature comparison of the machines, read Jura S8 and E8 Comparison…
Features at a Glance
- 12 programmable varieties 3 with double dose features
- 10 programmable strengths
- TFT – Touch Display for easier use
- P.E.P. brewer
- Energy efficiency class A
- Powder shaft
- Aroma preservation cover
- Professional milk frother (hot and frothed milk)
- Integrated rinsing and cleaning programmes.
- Aroma generation 3 grinder.
- Amber and white cup illumination.
- Height-adjustable coffee spout 72 – 118 mm.
- Height-adjustable cappuccino spout 114 – 160 mm
- 280 grams bean hopper
- 1.9 litre tank, without filter 2 litre
- Intelligent filter system, that uses RFID to tell the coffee machine when to change the filter.
- 28 x 35.1 x 43.9 cm
S8 Technical Data
Like stats and numbers, dimensions and technical details, then read more S8 Technical Data here.
As much as the Jura Impressa S8 is easy to use, you may want to read the manual before you buy one. In addition if you own an Jura S8 and have want an electronic copy of the manual. Hence here is the S8 Instruction Manual for you to download and read.
As well as guiding you on how to set the machine to make you favourite coffee, the manual also covers maintenance. Additionally including cleaning, de-calcification and general care.
Jura Impressa S8 Videos
1 latte macchiato
1 espresso macchiato
1 or 2 espress(o)(i)
1 or 2 ristrett(o)(i)
1 portion of milk
hot water for green tea