We loved the little Ena 1, it was perfectly suited to low volume domestic use. And its replacement the Jura A1 is now a newer version. Significantly the A1 comes with the version 3 of the aroma grinder. And in addition the brewing unit has been updated to support the Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.®). Together these features make for a better cup of coffee.
While all the new features are a great addition, the same slim design has been retained. Probably the first real automatic coffee machine we consider to make the grade.
Note: Important to realise only the piano black machine is available in South Africa.
Features at a Glance
- 3 programmable preparations.
- P.E.P.® brewer.
- Energy efficiency class A.
- Aroma preservation cover.
- AromaG3 grinder.
- 2 coffee brewing strengths.
- Pre-ground coffee powder chute.
- Integrated rinsing and cleaning programes.
- Height-adjustable coffee spout 58 – 141 mm.
- 125 grams bean hopper.
- 1.1 litre tank, without filter 1.2 litre.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 23.9 x 32.3 x 44.5 cm.
- Grinds bin up to 9 coffee servings.
- Programmable switch-off time.
Jura A1 Info
A1 Technical Data
Especially for those that like stats and numbers, dimensions and technical details, read more Jura A1 Technical Data here.
Albeit that the Jura A1 is easy to use, here you can read the manual before you buy one. If you own an Jura A1 and want an electronic copy of the manual, here is the Jura A1 Instruction Manual for you to download and read.
As well as guiding you on how to set the machine to make you favourite coffee, the manual also covers maintenance. Including cleaning, de-scaling and general care.
Jura A1 Videos
Features and Benefits
To be sure the video that follows is a little strong on the sales side, since this is the video marketing team at Jura put together for the Jura A1:
Unpacking and setup of a Jura A1
In this quick video we unpack and setup a Jura A1, testing the water and making the first cup.
- espresso (single and double)
- coffee (single and double)
- ristretto (single and double)
Add the free standing Jura automatic milk frother.
The frother is like most of the frothers on the market today; by spinning and stimulating the proteins the milk forms small bubbles that give the milk a cream like texture.
Easy to operate using a single button, it prepares cold, warm or hot milk foam.